Celebrant London Privacy Notice
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.celebrantlondon.com including any information you may provide through our site when you purchase a product or service, sign up to our newsletter or take part in a prize draw or competition.
Holly Smith is the data controller and she is responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
- Our contact details
Name: Holly Smith
Address:Unit 19887, PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at email@example.com
- What data we collect
We currently collect and process the following information: Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may collect and process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data may include your personal or business address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
- Technical Data may include your form submission data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Sensitive Data may include data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, and information about your health/ disabilities. This will only be collected where it is relevant to the ceremony you have secured me to perform.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
- How we collect personal data
Most of the personal data we collect and process is provided to us directly by you by filling in forms on our site or by communicating with us by email, phone, post or otherwise.
We may also receive technical data relating to website usage from analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU.
- How we use personal data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a vital interest.
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
We do not send marketing communications with the exception of following up on services delivered for the purpose of feedback and testimonials. You have the right to withdraw consent to contact at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
- How we store personal data
Your data is securely stored on password protected personal devices and/or password protected cloud storage.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data. If you require your data to be deleted please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- Disclosures of personal data
On occasion we may have to share your personal data with the following:
- Companies who provide IT and administrative services
- Professional advisers including lawyers, accountants, auditors, insurers or consultants
- HMRC or other relevant governing bodies
- Third parties who we engage solely in relation to the delivery of our services
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
In the first instance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can do our best to address your concerns.
You can also complain to the ICO https://ico.org.uk/ if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
Completed July 2019